Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kids Say The Funniest Things

The other day I was working in the kitchen while Abigail was playing in the living room. I wasn't paying too close attention to what she was doing when all of a sudden I heard her say, "Hola amigos!" and she kept on playing. I had to laugh and think - that girl watches way too much Dora and Handy Manny!

Today I was struggling to get Jackson down for his morning nap. He was having such a hard time falling asleep. He's had a cold lately, so I think he probably just was not feeling well. Abigail and I were upstairs in her room, and I decided to go and hold him a while. I was in his room for quite a while rocking him. I would rock him for a while and try to put him down and he would start crying again. I had just picked him up and started rocking him when I thought maybe some Tylenol would help him settle. Before I could get him on the changing table Abigail tip toed in and said quietly, "Mommy, do you think we should give him a little Motrin?" I cracked up and told her what a good "mommy" she was.

It's funny because as I write this she is playing "mommy" right now, putting her baby down for nap. It cracks me up to listen to her play with her babies because she replays real life conversations and situations. For example, I just heard her say just before shutting the laundry room (which serves as the babies room) door, "Now you need to lay there quietly and try to get some rest because you are a big girl. Don't call me because you are a big girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment