Saturday, February 26, 2011

Prayer

Prayer is something that has really developed with Abigail. She simply loves to pray! She's more diligent about praying than I am sometimes. I'm so thankful for her because she helps me to be more routined and disciplined with it. But anyway, we pray for Daddy all day long - when we eat breakfast and lunch, before naptime, and throughout the day. The other day I was putting a load of laundry in the washer, when she said to me, "Mommy, we need to pray for Daddy." I agreed and asked her if she wanted to pray right then, and she said yes. So we stopped what we were doing, she folded her hands, and we prayed.

Today as John was walking out the door to go to the gym, she was telling him goodbye at the door and looked him in the eye and so seriously said, "Daddy, we will pray for you." He was not even in his car when she said, "Mom, let's pray for Daddy." And we did - we stopped right there and prayed.

I'm so thankful God is using her to develop in me a life of unceasing prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment