Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer Fun

After a long, fun week of VBS I thought it would be wise for the kids and I to stay put here in Lafayette and get some R & R. John went to IL for the night to be with some friends for Craig Janssen's bachelor party, so the kids and I stuck around home today and then went to Columbia Park with Cara and her kids. It was a great time. We played on the playground a while, then had a picnic dinner and finished with a brisk walk through the zoo. Abigail tolerated it. :) She is just not so sure what to think of animals...on our way back to the vans there was an ice cream truck parked right next to ours. You think we were able to get the kids out of there without stopping for ice cream? I think not! Abigail of course picked a blue popsicle, so she was a blue, sticky mess. I had her finish it in the grass outside before coming in the house. I repeated the entire way up the stairs - "Don't touch anything! Walk straight upstairs to the bath! Don't touch anything! " We were a filthy mess, but it just felt like a satisfying, fun mess - hot and sticky as all get out, but we had fun! :)




This is a random picture of Abigail. I came out from the bedroom in the morning after I was finished getting ready. She was laying on the couch, watching cartoons like this - wearing her jammies, slippers and sunglasses. What a diva. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment