Friday, March 18, 2011

Gone Mobile

Well, Jackson is now mobile. Not sure how I feel about this...I have to say I have mixed emotions. Now - he is not yet crawling. He just uses every other skill he has to get places. :) Yesterday I laid him on the floor to change his diaper. I remembered I needed something in the other room. I quick ran to the other room to grab something I needed to return to the store (we were getting ready to do some shopping). When I returned he was across the room chewing on a toy that was on his bouncy seat. I couldn't believe it!

Then this morning we were in Abigail's room getting her ready. I laid him on the floor, and the next thing I know Abigail is complaining about how Jackson has one of her books. He had somehow gotten himself several feet over to her book basket, gotten in the basket (which is a significant size for him), and got a book and was happily lying on his back chowing down on it. :) I told her it was ok - it was actually God's book, and God wants her to share. Plus it was a board book that a little slobber wouldn't hurt.

I proceeded in getting her ready and next thing I know I look over and there he is - he'd gotten himself back over to the basket and was straining for yet another book.

The crazy thing that I need to get used to with him is he has always been VERY patient and determined. When he is trying to get something or do something he remains very quiet and patient. He will work and work until he gets it.

I have always known when Abigail is or was trying something or having trouble with something - she is EXTREMELY impatient and will let you know quite loudly if she is struggling! But he is just quiet, determined, strong and fast! I have to say I think both qualities come with their challenges. I'm going to have to watch him like a hawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment