Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Good Morning, God

Typically Abigail rises somewhere between 7-8 in the morning. Jackson wakes much earlier (especially lately since he's had a cold), so I am up early with him. This morning around 6 I was running on the treadmill and heard something coming from Abigail's monitor. I stopped to listen and realized she was singing a song she learned at BSF (Bible Study Fellowship). "Good morning, God. This is your day. I am your child show me your way." She sang it through a couple of times and then must have fallen back asleep because its now 7:45 and she has been silent ever since. Whatever prompted that little interlude I don't know, but it was so encouraging to me. I have to think it was a little gift from God. I would also love it, Lord, if it could be a sign of how she will behave today? :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute story, thanks for sharing :) The ironic thing was that I was watching yesterday's Oprah this morning and they had talented kids on there and they welcomed back a 5 year old little girl who sang the first verse of Amazing Grace when she was 2 and I thought "Abigail should be on there because she knows more difficult songs than that"!! :)

    ReplyDelete