Saturday, January 14, 2012

Nap, Nap, Nap



John's dad used to try to play this game with him and his siblings though he says it never worked. The game is called Nap, Nap, Nap. You can probably guess what the gist of the game is - you lay down to "nap" and whoever stays "asleep" the longest wins! Brilliant game for adults to play with kids (especially after a long day). Well - like I said - John's dad used to TRY to play this with John and his siblings though John doesn't remember any of them ever falling for it. However, our sweet, playful daughter happily obliges for two reasons: 1 - she loves to play! It doesn't really matter what the activity is. As long as someone will play something with her - she's all in. 2 - she is competitive!!!! She is so funny. She will hold out and "nap" until John finally extends mercy to end the game (allowing her to win). What kid wants to lay down and pretend to sleep during play time!? Well - I'll tell ya - a competitive one who loves to have someone play with her!!! Bless her heart! It's a good reminder to me how valuable it is to take the time stop my to-do's to just spend time and play with her.

Many, many times a day she does and/or says just the cutest things. Several times lately she has shocked me with how old and mature she is getting! A few times here lately I have teased her telling her that she is no longer allowed to get any older. I tell her she has "to listen and obey". Something she is VERY used to hearing OFTEN.  She gets the biggest kick out of this. She loves to tell me that she "CAN'T help it!"

Just yesterday we were having one of these moments. She said something just too cute, and I told her she was no longer allowed to get any older. Finally, she asked, "But Mom why don't you want me to get older?"I explained to her that she is just so cute and so fun and I love her just the way she is. She then said, "Are you afraid I will leave you? Because I'm not going to leave you!" I said, "Well, you will leave us someday!" To which she replied very maturely and matter-of-factly, "Mom, I'm going to be 4 soon, but I'm not going to leave you when I turn 4. It's going to be a while before I leave you. You don't have to worry."


Poor Jackson has been so sick lately. We had done so well with breaking him of the pacifier - at least during the day, but he's been so sick, I just let him have it whenever. Yesterday, I told him he could have just one (this was during the day), and he just cried and cried. If he has his way with it, he will suck on one and hold one or two others in his hand(s). Then, he just rotates them. So funny.

He is definitely the second child with a very dominating big sister! Though he definitely shows many of signs of STRONG WILL. 

The other day he was playing with a toy. I was busy getting Abigail ready for preschool, but I noticed that she took the toy from him. I scolded her and told her not to take toys away from Jackson. She replied, "But Mommy! He didn't scream when I took it! If he doesn't scream when I take something from him, that means I can have it." Seriously!? Where does she come up with these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment