Friday, January 27, 2012

Waiting!



Forgive this horribly blurry picture! A button got switched on my camera, and I was unaware until a few days after the picture was taken. Bummer. I've now got some good pictures that are completely blurry. Anyway, I did want to post this picture anyway, because these papers are near and dear to me (and horrid at the same time - such a love/hate thing). Anyway...these represent tons of time, money and frustration. However, they are complete!!!! These documents are those for our dossier! :) Many of you already know that we are hoping to adopt from Ethiopia. We actually have been wanting to do this for quite some time, but God had other plans for our family - 2 wonderful, beautiful biological kiddos. :) However, we are taking the plunge - using some alternative birth control methods (ha!), and we are officially being added to the wait list for a child 0-15 months, boy or girl. The child will need to be at least a year younger than Jackson, but given the length of time it took us to complete the dossier we should not have a problem with age restrictions.

Now we are officially yet on the wait list! :) Many ask how long the wait might be...well it will be a long time. :) We haven't gotten any real clear answers on wait time for referral. However, 12-15 months is the average time they are giving us. Then, after referral we wait for an appointed court date, then we travel (3-4 months after referral), we return to the US without our child, then we go back to get him/her. So the entire process I expect will take 1.5-2+/- years.

So I'm in this weird stage where I want to be prayerful; however, I kind of want to put it from my mind to ease the wait. I don't want to be anxious.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment