Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Baptism

One of the privileges I have of teaching Abigail's SS class is that I get to see first hand how she remembers and learns God's Word. Her understanding blows me away. God is really blessing her. Anyway, several Sundays ago I taught the kids about how Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. I demonstrated baptism by taking this tupperware container, filling it with water and "baptized" Abigail's doll from her doll house. Well, ever since this story, Abigail does the same thing when she is playing "school." This is her favorite thing to pretend - being teacher. Especially days when she has school she will come home and play school for hours - not kidding. 


This can be a bit trying for me because it always leads to spilled water throughout the kitchen/house - on the clothes, etc. Jackson always has to join in and get his own "baptismal tank"...and as you can see in this picture - he usually gets the award for most water spilled. Note how wet his clothes are. :)




Look at the water around the refrigerator where they get their water. I have to remind myself - it's just water! Actually as I wipe it up each time I remind myself that it actually helps to keep my floor clean! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment