Thursday, January 13, 2011

Shopping

Today we made our weekly Target run. I took this picture on my cell phone in the van. I thought Abigail looked too cute and funny. When it's sunny she insists on wearing sunglasses, and lately, she has been very religious about carrying her purse with her when we go places. In her purse she keeps her "blackberry", a credit card (a fake/toy one of course), other play money and maybe an extra cell phone or two.

Today when we walked into Target I headed straight for a shopping cart as my hands were laden with a very heavy infant seat, purse, things to return, coupons, etc. etc. As I was attempting to carry all this I was also trying to hold Abigail's hand so to keep her from slipping on the ice and helping her keep up with my pace. When she saw the cart I was claiming she realized it was our favorite kind - the cart with the two seats attached so she has a place to sit. Incredulous, she shook her head and exclaimed loudly, "Oh! Praise the LORD, Mommy! O praise the LORD!"

Kids have such a way of making us stop and recognize the blessings God gives.

1 comment: